Businesses that provide emergency medical services (EMS) can offer critical medical care to people in need. EMS businesses need business insurance just like any other business to protect their business from potential liabilities and risks. Here are some reasons why EMS businesses should have business insurance.
- Professional liability: EMS professionals are responsible for providing patient care. Any mistake or negligence can lead to injury or harm. A professional liability policy, also known as malpractice insurance, protects an EMS company in the event of a lawsuit against them or any legal action brought against their business due to a patient’s harm or injury.
- General liability: EMS businesses could be exposed to general liability, including slip-and-fall accidents, property damage from employees or clients, and other accidents that may occur on the premises. These types of claims can be covered by general liability insurance.
- Property damage: EMS companies use a variety of equipment including ambulances and medical equipment. This equipment can be costly to replace or repair. An EMS company’s equipment can be protected by property insurance in case of loss or damage.
- Workers’ compensation: An EMS company may have to insure their employees with workers’ compensation insurance. This insurance covers the cost of lost wages and medical expenses for employees who are injured while on the job.
There are many things that could go wrong with an EMS company.
- Malpractice claims: EMS providers may make a mistake, or be accused of negligence in providing medical care. This could lead to a malpractice case.
- General liability claims: Visitors to the EMS service or patients may slip and fall, causing injuries and leading to a general responsibility claim.
- Property damage: Damage to ambulances and other medical equipment can occur during transport, or while being used. This can lead to property damage.
- Workers’ compensation claims may be filed if an EMS practitioner is injured on the job.
An EMS company can protect its business and practice by having business insurance. To address the unique risks of EMS businesses, it is important to consult an insurance professional.
Contact Us for Business Insurance for Emergency Medical Services:
If you are in need of Emergency Medical Services insurance or any other business insurance in Texas, email or call us today for a quick and free quote. If service business owners in Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, El Paso, and everywhere else in Texas.