Like any other healthcare company, dentistry businesses should have business insurance in order to protect their practice and themselves from all possible risks. Here are some reasons why dentistry businesses should have business insurance.
- Professional liability: Dentists have a responsibility for their patient’s health and well-being. Any mistake or negligence can cause injury or harm. A dentist’s practice can be protected by professional liability insurance (also known as malpractice insurance) in the event that a lawsuit is filed against them.
- General liability: Dentistry businesses could be exposed to general liability, including property damage, slip-and-fall accidents and injuries caused by patients or employees. These types of claims can be covered by general liability insurance.
- Property damage: Dentistry businesses may use different types of equipment, and might have a facility. Equipment can fail, or accidents can occur, which can cause property damage. Insurance can cover the equipment, furniture and office of a dentist’s business in case of loss or damage.
- Workers’ compensation: A dentist’s business may have to purchase workers’ compensation insurance if they have employees. This insurance covers the cost of lost wages and medical expenses for employees who are injured while on the job.
There are many things that could go wrong in a dental practice.
- Malpractice claims: Patients can sue for malpractice if they are hurt or killed during treatment.
- General liability claims: Visitors or patients may slip and fall, inflicting injury.
- Property damage: Equipment malfunctions or injuries can cause property damage to offices and neighboring properties.
- Workers’ compensation: This insurance covers injured employees on the job. It may also cover lost wages and medical expenses.
A dentist business can protect their practice and themselves by having business insurance. To address the risks specific to dentistry businesses, it is important to consult an insurance professional.
Contact Us for Business Insurance for Dentistry:
If you are in need of Dentistry insurance or any other business insurance in Texas, email or call us today for a quick and free quote. If service business owners in Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, El Paso, and everywhere else in Texas.