To protect their clients and themselves, child and youth services companies should have business insurance. Here are some reasons why you should get business insurance for your child/youth service business:
- Professional liability: Children and youth services businesses serve vulnerable populations. Any mistake or negligence can cause injury or harm to children or youths. Malpractice insurance, also known to be professional liability insurance, protects a child/youth service business from a lawsuit or other legal action arising out of an injury or harm suffered by a client.
- General liability: Children and youth services businesses could be exposed to general liability, including slip-and-fall accidents, property damage from employees or clients, as well as other accidents that may occur on the premises. These types of claims can be covered by general liability insurance.
- Property damage: Children and youth services companies may have offices or facilities. Accidents can cause damage to property. In the event of loss or damage to a business that provides child and youth services, property insurance can cover its office, furniture, equipment, and other assets.
- Workers’ compensation: A child/youth service business may have to purchase workers’ compensation insurance if they have employees. This insurance covers the cost of lost wages and medical expenses for employees who are injured while on the job.
There are many things that could go wrong when you work in the child/youth services industry.
- Abusive or neglect claims: Children and youth services businesses serve vulnerable populations. Any allegations of abuse and neglect could lead to lawsuits against the business.
- General liability claims: Visitors or clients may slip and fall and cause injury, leading to a general responsibility claim.
- Property damage: Damage to neighboring properties or property can be caused by accidents.
- Workers’ compensation: This insurance covers injured employees on the job. It may also cover lost wages and medical expenses.
A child/youth service business can protect itself and its clients by having business insurance. To address the risks of child and youth service businesses, it is important to consult an insurance professional.
Contact Us for Business Insurance for Child/Youth Services:
If you are in need of Child/Youth Services insurance or any other business insurance in Texas, email or call us today for a quick and free quote. If service business owners in Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, El Paso, and everywhere else in Texas.