Like all business owners, athletic trainers should have business insurance in order to protect their business from potential liabilities and risks. Here are some reasons that an athletic trainer’s business needs business insurance.
- Professional liability: Athletic trainers have a responsibility for their client’s health and well-being. Any mistake or negligence can lead to injury or harm. A professional liability policy, also known to as malpractice insurance can provide protection for an athletic trainer in case of a lawsuit, or other legal action, arising from a client’s injury.
- General liability: Athletic trainers could be subject to public liability, including property damage, slip-and-fall accidents and other accidents that may occur on the premises. These types of claims can be covered by general liability insurance.
- Property damage: Athletic trainers may use a variety of equipment, and have an office or facility. Equipment can fail, or accidents can occur. In the event of loss or damage, property insurance will protect an athletic trainer’s office, furniture and equipment.
- Workers’ Compensation: An athletic trainer may have to insure their employees with workers’ compensation insurance. This insurance covers the cost of lost wages and medical expenses for employees who are injured while on the job.
There are many things that could go wrong when you’re an athlete trainer.
- Malpractice claims: Clients can sue for malpractice if they are hurt or killed during treatment or training sessions.
- General liability claims: Visitors or clients may slip and fall and cause injury, leading to a general responsibility claim.
- Property damage: Equipment malfunctions or injuries can cause property damage to offices and neighboring properties.
- Workers’ compensation: This insurance covers injured employees on the job. It may also cover lost wages and medical expenses.
A business insurance policy can protect an athletic trainer and their practice against these and other liabilities.
Contact Us for Business Athletic for Auctioneer:
If you are in need of Athletic insurance or any other business insurance in Texas, email or call us today for a quick and free quote. If service business owners in Houston, Dallas, Fort Worth, Austin, San Antonio, El Paso, and everywhere else in Texas.